Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Neglect? I think not!

It seems like I've been neglecting the updating of my blog, but I'm desperately trying to find inspiration for my new novel I'm going to attempt to write. So I guess I'll leave here with poem, that isn't so good I might add, and I hope to be finished soon with the first chapter of my new story!

---------------------------------------------------------

I now return to the blissful slumber
The wonderfully beautiful lady who slowly makes her rounds around the world
Dancing high into the sky, waltzing the music of time and fate
I drift higher and higher, grasping the cool, soft hands of the night
Forever caught in the midst of the twilight hour that creeps around the world
Silencing humans and creatures alike, who fall into the arms of love
Like always, her dress made of glittering folds mimic the violet waters that rage all night
Soon I will tire of dancing, returning to the world that I know
And I will rest in the day, and return to the one who gracefully escapes the glaring of the morning sun

---------------------------------------------------------------
Rather than put another update, I figured I'd put my raw, unrevised feelings down for you to comment on. I really wanted to convey the depth of emotions I feel when I come into contact, not only from the one I love, but anyone I meet. There's a depth and abyss of feelings we as human seem to miss when we meet someone, or get to know them, the addition of everyday that we've ever been in existence is what makes up who we are at that second, and with each and every passing second, we're growing and maturing from the experiences and the emotions we feel; we're never who we were a moment ago, we're the changing product of our birth to the current moment. Hard to grasp but I hope you'll read this, and ponder on ways to make that abyss more understandable to other readers.

---------------------------------------------------

What I wouldn't give
To twist fate
Become close, fall in love
With someone who's overflowing passion reigns over me
Sleepless nights with a woman who paces the room, dreaming, deviating, just how to obtain her goals
As I pace, sleepless, Distraught
Burdened by the weight of my dreams
I'd find comfort in her strength
Her voice giving me the warmth I need in the darkest of hours, the coldest of nights
Somewhere, A woman is singing loud, pouring her heart out, dreaming big, alone and afraid, running to where life takes her
I'd like to think that fate put me close, brought me here, sharing long nights awake, kept bringing us close, even when I thought we should be apart
Now I'm singing loud, obediently waiting, dreaming big, falling in love with everything there is to love
I can feel you close, the weight of each day that I've come to know you, understand you, I can feel it on my chest, in my heart, on my shoulders...
Through your actions, through your voice, I can feel the building of our story, your story, the compilation of our short, yet tremendously long lives we've lived till now
I'm warmed by the strength you've acquired, walking alone, braving the world, meeting people, growing by each daily experience, and the lives you've touched, those who've come and gone, and the one's you're unwilling to let go of
Your story is ever growing, and I'm always learning, I can feel the emotion, the anticipation, trepidation, fascination, anything there is to feel in the depth of a human soul
I'm drowning in these feelings, flooded by this love, suffocated by this passion
This passion built upon the passing of days, the arrival of friends, disappearance of stability, days and nights spent lost and confused, And years of unyielding, never ending love and life
The countless seconds, minutes, hours and days that make up our life, will build, break, disappear, become alive, become forgotten, remind us both of times past by, times yet to come
Our lives, built upon this simple passing, this infinite, yet limited source of movement will define who we are, what we loved, who we loved, our treasures and our stories
I'd like to think that fate gave us a chance, brought us together
I know I gave up a long time ago, I was content with "reading" rather than "experiencing", holding myself back, afraid to chase anything that moved, afraid to get hurt by my own hearts willingness to love and trust
But fate drew us together, let me fall once again into the limitless ocean of emotion, turmoil, passion that is, who you are
You're singing loud, and I'm singing too, the script given to us by fate, ever conflicting, triumphant and somewhat similar, painting the picture of our lives as we carry our heads high through the hard times, and the good weather
I've bought into fate's plan, that whatever is in store for us, must be something grand, something that will add to the long years we've been alive, I don't believe I can escape, I don't think I ever wanted to
I fell in love with the voice of strength, I fell for the insecurity, immaturity, the understanding, faintly commanding, the dreamer, schemer, the mask and the woman wearing it

--------------------------------------------------------

As always, happy reading!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Dale, finally started up my own blog, haha.

    Anyways, with regards to your post, I thought it really evoked some fantastic imagery as I read it, especially that first segment you wrote. Keep up the good stuff man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do I think?

    I think this is amazing and that you should go for it.

    "Dreams will only remain as such if not pursued."

    ReplyDelete