Thursday, April 23, 2009

I lied about the short story

I was listening to some rather inspiring music lately, and I felt like doing some poetry again. I know I said I'd do a short story, but I lied... Sorry, I've been busy doing school work and setting up my next classes, so I haven't found any time to sit down and write anything more than poetry. Anyways, here's some poetry as a sorry for lying.

Pacing, Pacing, Pacing
An unknowing pawn in life
Marching to the tune of the Maestro
Singing like he was taught
Loud in this soul-less spiral
From the day he was conceived
To the day he became aware
His memories and his music betrayed him
He knew no better
He cried no harder
He drowned no faster
Lost in the current of time
His story hasn’t reached the end
He wanders farther into the world of truth
Fighting the urge of existing monotony
His cry reaches the corners of the globe
Falling to the floor
His shoulders heaving like those of a child
Sobs painting the darkened sky around him
Comfort falling from the sky
A shower of meteors
Wishes upon the falling tears in the sky
Sympathizing heavens send their blessings
Lost, but born anew
Hurt but never gone
He trudges on to his own beat
Drifting farther into the abyss

---------------------------------------------

Bound by the memories of our past
Chained to our hearts
I’m grasping the chain
Trying to find you, draw you closer
But our memories are thinning
Your love is running low
My love is killing me
I’m frantically swimming in this blanket of cold
Just wanting your warmth
I’m drawing ever closer to the end of the chain
Memories still fresh in my mind
And it suddenly slackens in my grip
And I’m left with nothing but the empty end of a cold chain
Weeping softly
Bound to the chain ever so heavy
I march off into the cold night alone



Happy Reading!

1 comment:

  1. Such sad poems... =/ Be happy =)

    Liking the new layout! ^^

    ReplyDelete